Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Morning conversations....

Cayden and Cole are at a stage in their lives where they are actually beginning to have real conversations with each other. It has been so much fun to sit back and listen to how they communicate with each other. Here is a bit of their conversation at breakfast this morning....

As they are eating their favorite cereal, Lucky Charms, Cayden says, "Coley! Are you ready to go to storytime at the library today?"
Cole stares at his cereal for a minute, then replies, "No, bubby. That snowman scares me at the strawberry (ie. library..ha). That snowman says AHHHCHOOOO and made me sad!" (Okay, rewind...a few weeks ago, at storytime...the lady was reading a book about a snowman. The snowman sneezes in the story, and she overexaggerated the sneeze and it scared Cole so bad! He started crying and decided to sit in Leslie's lap for the rest of the story!!! And, as you can see....he hasn't forgotten about it either!)
"Coley, you don't have to be scared today. You can sit in my lap, and I will protect you." Cayden says, as he continues eating his cereal.
Cole got this huge smile on his face, and loudly he said, "MOMMY! Bubby said I can sit in his wap today at the strawberry! I'll be happy today, mommy!"

Just melts my heart...it's nice to remember the sweet, kind, loving conversations between the two of them because that's not always how it goes! But I have to say, Cayden absolutely loves being able to be a big brother. He loves being able to answer questions that Cole has, and he never misses an opportunity to say, "You can do this when you get big like me!" As if he's SOO much bigger than him...ha!

4 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS!!! I love our little guys!!! Thanks for the update - keep 'em comin'!!! Love you guys LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that conversation made me cry. How sweet!!! Cayden is protective sometimes, its pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! I, too, love to listen in on my boys conversations!

    ReplyDelete