Thursday, January 29, 2009

The life of a blogger's spouse...

I’m not much on the blogging, MySpace, Facebook, etc. etc scene, but because of Melisse, I now have been immersed in this social networking thing. I have setup a Facebook account and found it quite amusing. With that craze by Melisse, she has now started this blog, so I’ll sit back and wonder why in the world is this sooo special. But, maybe this is her craft, her time away, her ability to socialize and network. And, to keep me from digging a deep hole, I appreciate you for stopping by and reading about our crazy family. But, remember, your visit to our blog encourages my wife to BLOG more! This means she’d rather talk to y’all than me. And, with that said, I’m certain you think that’s probably the better option. Okay, okay, I’m just being a pain in the rear….

My true reasoning for blogging today is to give Melisse a little PDA…no pics, I promise!! My posting is to express to her and her blog followers how much I appreciated her, especially over the past few weeks. As some of you may know in greater detail than others, quite simply, we had a pretty rough couple weeks. It was just “one of those times” in our lives that caused us to bend a little, but wasn’t close to breaking us or our spirit. Truth be told, Melisse’s spirit and faith impresses me more and more as the years pass. After all, you all know the headache she married! Seriously, here’s my note of thanks to her faithfulness, tender spirit, and affirming heart. Here’s to her ability to be my wife, a mom to our precious boys, and a special friend to us all.

Blogging along…as Melisse has mentioned, the boys have been hilarious! We could post something daily that would be humorous to no end. I will add one of my disciplinary moments gone wrong…background: Cayden and Cole have learned the word “stupid” from somewhere. And, as our attempt at good parenting, we have tried to nip this from their vocabulary. Well, we were in the suburban last week or so ago and Cole said it, and so I tried to discipline:

“Cole, no sir, we don’t say ‘stupid.’” I said with a stern voice.

And, without hesitation, Cole responds, “Stupid.”

I tried again, “Cole, we don’t say that.”

“Stupid.”

“Cole!”

“Stupid.”

I don’t remember how it exactly ended…but, in obvious defeat. Melisse was fully supportive as she sat in the passenger seat beet-red from laughing so hard. Parenting at its finest!

Cayden is quite the personality as well. The boys are two in the same, but totally different. Cayden and I did spend the day together today since he was at home sick with a bug. I hope we’re on the tail-end of it and we can get back to normalcy.

In blog-clusion, thanks for stopping by. I don’t think you will hear too much from me…but, in the event I’m in the doghouse or want to express some PDA, I may drop in to say hi. After all, it’s not like y’all really want to hear about me. If so, you must be bored! Ha!! Just kidding. Take care. God Bless. And, thanks to all of you for our friendship.

3 comments:

  1. Aww....so sweet! I think she is pretty fantastic, too! Keep telling her that! Oh, and never, never get caught saying stupid again....it can be brutal. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet and it perfectly played Romeo and Juliet on your playlist. What a sweetie Dean is for that. I have to second it, your boys reflect so much on both of you.

    Now the subject of where your sons learned stupid....My son has also been saying that a lot lately. He keeps telling me Nathan from the science Spectrum told him and Cayden that girls were stupid...well I have no idea who Nathan is...but we're working on it. SORRY!!!!!!

    But isn't hard when you have moments like that when you want to be this strong parent who tells your kids whats right/wrong without wavering but you want to laugh...and you look at your spouse for help and they're hiding their face with their whole body shaking from laughing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAN, I didn't know this side of you! Ha! Those words are too sweet and we wives really appreciate them. I also think you have a pretty amazing wife. She is an even more amazing friend!!!

    I LOVED the "stupid" story. My favorite part was you saying Melisse was beet-red from laughing so hard!!! This happens daily in the Beaver household as we try to discipline but can't help but laugh (hopefully the kids don't SEE it)!!!

    Good job blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete