Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crazy Cole!!!

Do you dare ask what this angelic face has been up to lately?

Well, I will admit it. I did it. I was that mom that responded by saying, "Oh, my child has never..." Yup. Don't ever say it. Don't ever, ever say it...because it has a funny way of coming back and smackin' you in the face.

Here's the story... On Wednesday afternoon, the boys sat down to have a snack and watch a movie for a little bit. It had just been one of those days where they were both arguing and fighting on and off, and just real irritable with each other. I know, shocking, right?!?!?!? HA! We turned the movie on, gave each of them a snack...

...and I went into the bedroom to finish the never ending pile of laundry. I came back in the living room and saw Cole coming out of the bathroom. After many attempts at asking him what he was doing in the bathroom and him replying, "I wasnt' doing anything mommy," I realized the bottom of his nose was really red. Immediately I knew...he had stuck one of those graham cracker GRIPZ up his NOSE! Oh my gosh. I could tell he was starting to panic...and so was I. As I looked closer, I could see this huge knot in his nostril..and it was way up there! I tried to get him to blow his nose and he was not having any of it! He was screaming that it hurt really bad, he wouldn't let me near him, and refused to blow his nose! Of course I panic...again...and call Dean. He assured me that it would dissolve in a few minutes and he could blow it out...and he was right. I took a few minutes to calm myself down, and calm him down...and then he was willing to blow his nose for me. He blew it right out. YUCK! So, lesson learned. Keep your mouth shut about what your children have "never" done.
Oh yes...that's our Cole...CRAZY COLEY!!!!

And, just because...

4 comments:

  1. Yea for a blog post - you should do it more often (ha!)!!! Cole and Sam sound a lot alike (must be the second-son syndrome)!!! Although Sam has never stuck anything up his nose, he constantly does things that Isaiah would NEVER do!!! He really has "no fear" and that in itself if scary for me!!! Oh the joys of raising boys!!! And, it always helps to have a Daddy who can remain calm when Mommy is freaking out (I have one of those too)!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I'm glad everything worked its way out okay. I was excited to see that you all signed up for t-ball. We will be in the older 5-6 year old league but maybe we will run into each other. Zach did ask if he could skip baseball this year and just play soccer. I thought Tim was going to have a heart attack as he played baseball in college and it is his favorite sport. But I think it just goes to show that Zach really enjoyed playing soccer. Thanks again for coaching and for a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason Dean knew the answer so quickly was because he had probably done the same thing! Loved the story. There will be many more to come, too. Glad this one worked out well.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my thank-you for sharing that story. I laughed so hard just because I can SOOO see this story playing out! Coley, you precious little boy! He gave me more gray hair and more panic attacks than any other child but more wonderful memories, smiles, and laughs than most! He will always have a VERY special place in my heart and I hope he never loses his adventure!

    ReplyDelete