Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Cole!

It is SO hard to believe that our baby boy has turned three this month! I can remember a time...when Cole was a newborn...and Cayden only 14 months old at the time...it was a very difficult time for us as we adjusted to life with two small babies...but a very precious time as we welcomed a healthy, baby brother into our home. There were many days that we woke up thinking..."it HAS to get easier than this, it just has to!" And you know what...the Lord is faithful...and truly has guided our every path and led us to where we are today. It has gotten easier along the way...and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have had it any other way. I absolutely LOVE our boys being only 14 months apart. They share such a unique bond with each other that I know will only grow stronger as they get older. Cole has always been the mischevious child...keeping us on our toes, and making sure we are paying attention to him at all times. He is such a compassionate little guy, and cares so much about the happiness of others. There have been numerous times that his big brother has to sit in time out...well, Cole just sits in time out also, just to make sure Cayden isn't alone. And as most of you know...he is always up for some wrestling or rough-housing at the snap of a finger. He gives the best snuggliest hugs in the world, and is almost always the first one up in the morning to say, "The suns up mommy, did you sleep good?" :) Happy Birthday Coley...we love you so very much!















3 comments:

  1. Happy 3rd birthday little Mr. Cole! Precious pics here Mommy! My favorite is the one in the santa hat! What a precious family you have been blessed with and what a precious blessing your family is to ours!!! We love you guys SO much and are so thankful for the friendship we share, even 500+ miles away! And no, Bryan will NEVER live down what he drew on the white board that fateful first Sunday School morning!!! Oh the memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice I typed my own name wrong when publishing my comment above? I'm blaming it on the pregnancy exhaustion and the fact that I should be in bed and not blogging right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet pictures, Melisse! Happy birthday to Cole!

    My boys aren't as close in age as yours are (3.5 years apart), but it is still so much fun to watch them together. I get asked often if I were to have another baby if I would want a girl. Of course I wouldn't be upset by a girl, but I love my boys so much and boys are what I know at this point...another boy would be just fine! Sure, they are rough and tumble, but man do they give good hugs ;-)!

    ReplyDelete